|TLD||Registration Price||Renewal Price||Transfer Price|
* Names have a 2 year minimum registration.
** May require additional fees.
All prices are in US dollars and are the complete fee to register a domain name.[/accordion]
Such a relief, you don’t have to go to PKNIC anymore to register a PKNIC domain. Now with CHROMEIS, you can register .pk country level domains. Please note that all .pk domains are registered in multiple of 2 years, the price of which is PKR 2500 (for 2 years)
The exact cost may vary at the time of registration, please
Below are the domain extensions available with PKNIC along with general purpose.
|.PK||General Second Level Domains without .com.pk etc Suffix|
|.COM.PK||General Business, or Individual|
|.NET.PK||Network Related Business|
|.FAM.PK||Family and Individuals|
|.BIZ.PK||General Business, Promotional|
|.GOV.PK||Domains for Government of Pakistan|
|.GOB.PK||Domains for Government of Baluchistan|
|.GOG.PK||Domains for Government of Gilgit Baltistan|
|.GKP.PK||Domains for Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa|
|.GOP.PK||Domains for Government of Punjab|
|.GOS.PK||Domains for Government of Sindh|
|.GOK.PK||Domains for Government of Azad Kashmir|
Applications for these domains must conform to the PKNIC registration policy agreement in addition to the requirements given below. In the case of any difference between the PKNIC registration policy and the specific domain terms and conditions described below, these terms and conditions will apply.
- The maximum domain name length is 63 characters (excluding the .pk portion), and the maximum length is 67 characters including .pk suffix
- For second level .PK domains, the minimum length for the domain name, exclusive of the .pk portion is four characters (e.g. 1234.pk) . A four character name before .pk can not start with one of the PKNIC second level sub-domains (e.g. com, net, org, gov, gop, etc.). For example the following domain names are not acceptable: (coms.pk, comm.pk, nets.pk, net2.pk, govs.pk, etc). The complete list of the .PK current and reserved sub-domains includes but is not limited to .COM.PK, .NET.PK, .ORG.PK, .FAM.PK, .BIZ.PK, .WEB.PK, .EDU.PK, .GOV.PK, .GOB.PK, .GOG.PK, .GKP.PK, .GOP.PK, .GOS.PK, .GOK.PK, .INFO.PK
- For third level .COM.PK, etc domains, the minimum domain name of one character are allowed (e.g. a.com.pk). The label “pk” and all the second level suffix names are reserved for these domain types (e.g. can not register pk.com.pk, net.com.pk, com.com.pk, gov.com.pk, etc).
- A domain name can not begin with a dash “-“, and can not have two consecutive dashes “–“in it. These are reserved for IDN encodings
- Generic dictionary words are allowed (unless they violate other terms set forth here or in the general PKNIC Registration Policy).
- The domain name is not present in the list of reserved or blocked names. Examples of reserved namespace are INFO.PK, NAME.PK, etc.
- Domain names are not required to have pre configured name servers for them.
Refer to knowledgebase when: Registering .edu.pk domain name
Transferring .com.pk Domains
For transferring a domain from one account to another, the following requirements are needed to be fulfilled:
An authority letter in writing is needed to be furnished by the present domain registrant (owner of domain not the agent or technical contact) to PKNIC. The authority letter is to be presented on the company’s letter head bearing the official seal. For the individuals who’re citizens of Pakistan, a copy of the CNIC (national identity card), or in case of company, the NIC of the company’s head or director is required as well. The authority letter should contain the details of the account information from which the domain needs to be transferred and it should also include the account where the domain is intended to be transferred.
In case, for any reasons, the name of the registrant (fully or partially) does not match with the officially used emblem (i.e. on company letter head), in this case an affidavit made with proper format mentioning the official authorization is needed to be supplied. The affidavit must meet the legal formalities and requirements such as stamp paper of worth Rs. 100 attested by the oath commissioner. Download sample document for .pk domain transfer
In case, the registrant of the domain is an individual then furnishing of the affidavit in proper formatting is required. The affidavit has to be legally binding like stamp paper of worth Rs. 100 and attested by the oath commissioner. Download sample document for .pk domain transfer for individuals
The mailing address for the authority letter to be sent is mentioned as under:
Suite#704, 7th Floor, Siddique Trade Center,
Main Boulevard, Gulberg,
E-mail Verification: The owner of the present domain or agent would then be asked for the consent to the domain transfer and the transferring to the account holder to accept the request for the incoming domain transfer.
The authority letter can either be mailed to the above mentioned PKNIC’s postal address if you want to handle the transfer process yourself or can be sent to CHROMEIS for asking for the assistance in the domain transferring process.