Mercury is the pioneer company for Test Automation – they created the first tool, Mercury WinRuner for Automated Testing which dated back to 1996. After the HP acquired Mercury, HP has merged WinRunner into HP QTP – which is available as unified version of both.
Effective December 31, 2011, we’ve discontinued training sessions for Mercury WinRunner. However, the training material is still available for individuals and companies who are carrying legacy scripts. A training can be arranged on demand.
- Introduction to Automated Testing
- Merits/Demerits of Automated Testing
- Limitation of Automated Testing
- 5 Ws of Automated Testing (What, Why, When, Where, Who)
- Why Automated at all and what Scope to Automate?
- Other Automated Testing Tools
- Introduction to Mercury WinRunner
- Working with GUI Map
- Checking GUI Objects
- Working with Object Spy
- GUI Map file mode
- Creating GUI Maps using WinRunner
- WinRunner Testing Process
- WinRunner Recording/Playing Modes
- Rapid Test Scripting
- Understand and work with TSL
- Recording Modes
- Why and How to Parametrize
- Check Points
- GUI and DB Checklist
- Working with DB Objects
- Synchronization Points and Capturing Screen Values
- Maintaining Tests
- Test Director (QC) connection
- Batch Mode
- Practical !
Perform complete automated test life cycle using WinRunner.
Perform under guidelines of supervisor.
Training contents have been developed by Industry professionals
Project based hands-on approach
Tips and tricks from experts
Lab Exercises, self assessments and Assignments
Interactive sessions, promoting inquisitive audience
ChromeIS Certificate of Participation
ChromeIS Certified WinRunner User (subject to passing exam)
10% discount on a group of at least 2 participants
25% discount on group of 4 participant with early registration
50% discount for Candidates seeking revision
Public Material: Download latest version of slides or study online (live preview below)