How do I use FrontPage to publish my website?
Before you can publish your web site with FrontPage, you must have a page already created or create one now. In order to create a page, try following these steps:
- With FrontPage open, choose File –> New
- Type in “Hello World! This is my new test page!.”
- From the menu bar, choose File –> Save As
- Name the html file. (If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
- Once you have saved the file to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file.
Publishing goes as follows:
- From the menu bar, choose File –> Publish Web
- Click on the “Options” button.
- In box below, specify the location to publish your site: Enter the full URL for your site (http://www.yourdomain.com/ )
- If this is the first time you are publishing your site, select “Publish all pages”
- Select “Include Subwebs”.
- Click the “Publish” button.
- Enter your hosting account username and password.
- Click “Done”. If you all the above steps are followed correctly and you’ve entered the correct information, you will have just published your first site in Front Page.