Additional .org.au Registration Requirements
A .org.au registrant must be one of the following:
- An association incorporated in any Australian State or Territory
- A political party registered with the Australian Electoral Commission
- A trade union or other organization registered under the Workplace Relations Act 1996
- A sporting or special interest club operating in Australia
- A charity operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant’s constitution or other documents of incorporation
- A non-profit organization operating in Australia, as defined in the registrant’s constitution or other documents of incorporation.
Domain names must be one of the following:
- An exact match, abbreviation or acronym of the registrant’s name
- Closely and substantially connected to the registrant
Domain names can be up to 63 characters, with a minimum of two characters, and can contain letters (a to z), numbers (0 to 9), and hyphens (except at the beginning or end of the domain name). You cannot register domain names with special characters such as & and #.