How do I use FrontPage to publish my website?
Before you can publish your web site with FrontPage, you must have a page already created or create one now. In order to create a page, try following these steps:
- With FrontPage open, choose File –> New
- Type in “Hello World! This is my new test page!.”
- From the menu bar, choose File –> Save As
- Name the html file. (If this file is to be your homepage, be sure to name it index.html)
- Once you have saved the file to your hard drive, you are ready to publish the file.
Publishing goes as follows:
- From the menu bar, choose File –> Publish Web
- Click on the “Options” button.
- In box below, specify the location to publish your site: Enter the full URL for your site (http://www.yourdomain.com/ )
- If this is the first time you are publishing your site, select “Publish all pages”
- Select “Include Subwebs”.
- Click the “Publish” button.
- Enter your hosting account username and password.
- Click “Done”. If you all the above steps are followed correctly and you’ve entered the correct information, you will have just published your first site in Front Page.
595 Total Views 3 Views Today