My email isn’t working; Please help!
OH MY GOD!!! My email isn’t working? HELPPPP!!
First off, relax. Take a deep breath. You’re going to get an ulcer if you continue to be so excited! :)
Here are some solutions to common email problems that will save you some stress with email.
- Always double check your password
- Type complete username with domain name after @ sign e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
- SMTP and POP3 server is mail.domain.com or the IP assigned to you in your setup email. If this is not working, try mail2.domain.com
- Make sure SSL / Secured Socket Layer option is not selected
- Make sure ‘my server requires authentication’ is CHECKED.
- If all the above is correct, proceed to check if actually the email is created in CPanel (yes, it’s true people sometimes miss this oddly… )
- If these don’t help, Login to webmail, check if you can receive and send emails from there. If yes, and your email is working just fine. The problem is either with your ISP or your email client (like MS Outlook, Outlook express or thunder bird etc.), is not properly setup. Please double check the first group of solutions to make sure the client is properly setup.
Yes, it is possible that your client setup that worked yesterday might stop working today and need a little tweak. I know it sounds weird, but it does happen.
- If you are unable to send/receive mail with Webmail, please open a ticket and we will look and see what’s going on. Make sure you include all relevant information AND any applicable error messages.
589 Total Views 3 Views Today